Andrew Smith MP slams Lib Dem / Tory Coalition Government's budget.
After nearly four years of this Lib Dem / Tory Coalition Government, families are on average £1,600 a year worse off and not feeling any economic recovery at all.
The Lib Dems and Tories can't deliver a recovery for the many because they are out of touch with the needs of most people. They cut the top rate of tax for people earning over £150,000 while everyone else is worse off.
We need a recovery for the many, not just a few at the top. Andrew has called for action to deal with the cost-of-living crisis. Labour will:
* Freeze energy bills until 2017 and reform the broken energy market.
* Put young people back to work, with a job the young unemployed have to take -- paid for by a tax on bank bonuses
* Expand free childcare for working parents to 25 hours a week for 3 and 4 year olds
* Cut taxes for 24 million working people on middle and low incomes with a lower 10p starting rate of income tax
* Cut business rates for small firms
* Plan to get 200,000 homes built a year by 2020
* Balance the books in the next Parliament, in a fairer way including reversing the £3 billion tax cut for people earning over £150,000.
Andrew said: "The Budget proved you're worse off under the Lib Dems and Tories. There was no action to deal with the cost-of-living crisis facing households who are on average £1,600 a year worse off.
"They claimed talked about how well things are going. But millions of working people on middle and lower incomes are not feeling any recovery at all while those earning over £150,000 a year have been given a tax cut.
"Britain needs a Labour's government which to freeze energy bills until 2017, cut taxes for 24 million working people on middle and low incomes, expand free childcare for working parents of 3 and 4 year olds and get more young people back to work."